Since I started to create music I took part in different composition competitions and some of my works were awarded. You can find a list of my prizes here.
- 2016 – An Object at Rest – music for the animation short film by Seth Boyden – for symphony orchestra. I received the Special Mention in the International Film Music Competition which took place during the Zurich Film Festival. The piece was performed in the Tonhalle concert hall in Zurich, by the Tonhalle Orchestra, under the baton of maestro Frank Strobel.
- 2010 – A lover’s promise for piano, trumpet and strings quintet was selected to take part in the „Invitation to Composers” project by the „London Schubert Players” ensemble and later on performed in London and Paris. You can watch here an interview before the performance which took place at the Romanian Cultural Institute in London, and listen to the audio recording. The piece was also published by Nimbus records on the CD named A European Odyssey – A remarkable musical adventure with the London Schubert Players.
- 2009 – First prize (ex equo) for ZzzBucium for french horn and piano at the National Composition Contest for Brass Instruments „Stefan Niculescu”, Bucharest, Romania.
- 2009 – Second prize for A cu Ta for mixed choir at the National Student Choral Composition Contest from Bucharest.
- 2007 – Second prize for Spinning Light for ensemble, at the International Young composers competition („Roads of Romanticism”), Bucharest, Romania.
- 2006 – Second prize for Nightmosphere for oboe and percussion, at the national students composition contest „Paul Constantinescu”, Bucharest, Romania.
- 2005 – Second prize for The Revenge of the Pharaoh for brass ensemble, percussions and piano, at the National Student Composition Contest „Alexandru Zirra”, Iaşi, Romania.
- 2003 – The special prize of the Union of Composers and Musicologists from Romania for Two Kings for french horn and piano, at the National Student Composition Contest „Alexandru Zirra”, Iaşi, Romania.